The impact of Legal Deposition Video is unmistakable. Video depositions are far more likely to keep a jury's attention than a traditional stenographer’s transcript. Video depositions provide many benefits, including:
- A legal record to verify a stenographer’s transcript and ensure accuracy.
- Deposing important witnesses who will not be available for trial.
- A valuable tool for reference when considering whether to use particular witnesses at trial, and when preparing for the examination of those witnesses.
- Deposition video can provide better insight into deposition testimony for expert consultants and legal staff reviewing it, as they prepare to go to trial.
- A legal videographer can have a calming effect. People are on better behavior when a videographer is recording the deposition, and this can mean a more productive and efficient process.
- A common use of deposition video in court is to impeach a witness if they change their testimony at trial. Seeing them make a different statement on video than what was said in court has much more impact than merely reading back the transcript.
SF Quality Video offers below market rates on all of our deposition videos and services. Our pricing is very straight-forward.
Basic Deposition Plan$75 per hour (3 hour minimum) Comes with 1 set of DVDs Duplicates ($5 per DVD) Clock starts upon scheduled arrival for setup and ends upon exiting the building. Expenses may include:
- Gas by mileage and tolls where applicable. (We are based in downtown San Francisco)
- Mini DV master tapes at $10 per tape. (Optional)
- Microphones for all speakers
- Visual backdrop for professional look - an important industry standard
- Backup recording to DV Tape and DVD
- Live audio mixing for optimal sound quality
- Teleprompter and Transcription services upon request
- Multiple Cameras and Operators upon request
Roger Hill - Director, Videographer, Editor firstname.lastname@example.org